- Unleash your security expertise leading Australian Media Company, protecting their digital realm, and setting new industry standards.
- Join a brand-new team of forward-thinking team of professionals, where innovation and creativity flourish, and your contributions will make a significant impact.
- Embrace cutting-edge technologies, robust resources, and a supportive work environment.
- Ownership of the Application Security and DevSecOps capability for a leading Australian Media business.
- Flexible work environment (primarily remote). Need to be based on the Australian East Coast in any major city
- Excellent work-life balance, fantastic company culture, and supportive leadership team
About the Company
This leading digital media organisation has the sole purpose of delivering essential news, information, and media services across Australia without being advertising-dependant. They foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence. They believe in pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and embracing change to stay ahead of the curve.
As a team, they value diversity, inclusivity, and open communication, creating an environment where everyone's ideas are heard and respected. They promote work-life balance, encourage professional development, and recognize achievements.
About the Role
As a Senior Application Security Specialist, you will have a pivotal role in fortifying the organization's security posture by enhancing the security of development and delivery processes. Leading the charge in establishing impenetrable software development processes that will serve as the gold standard in the industry. Your expertise will drive the creation of guidelines and best practices that ensure security testing becomes second nature throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Empower the organisation with a robust and efficient DevSecOps environment, revolutionizing the development of secure applications.
- Be an internal advocate, guiding teams to embrace and implement secure development practices, making security an intrinsic part of every step in the software development journey.
- Lead Security Assurance: Working with external vendors to conduct penetration testing and vulnerability assessments, unmasking weaknesses within new and existing applications and systems infrastructure.
- Be the SME that delivers actionable recommendations to neutralize threats and safeguard the digital stronghold.
- Collaborate with engineers across cross-functional teams to address security concerns, investigate ways to improve the overall security posture.
- Embrace the challenge of staying one step ahead of emerging threats, attacks, methods, and techniques in the ever-shifting landscape of application security.
Skills & experience
- Deep understanding of OWASP guidelines and best practices.
- Extensive experience in AppSec and DevSecOps best practices, possessing the ability to seamlessly integrate security testing into the SDLC and CI/CD pipelines.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CASE (Certified Application Security Engineer), CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional), and GWEB (GIAC Certified Web Application Defender) is a plus.
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously, while still being an integral part of the team.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience in one of the following: Software Development, DevOps, Cyber Security, Offensive Security & Testing
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Kristen at 0423 406 570 or email at KristenB@thenetworkit.com for a confidential discussion.