SOE Engineer - Team Lead
- Agile Federal Government department where you can make a significant impact
- 6-month contract with 6-month extension.
- ACT/Syd/Melb/Bris - Hybrid working, with 2 day per week remote
- Team lead supporting SOE and endpoint manager enhancements and Essential 8
- NV1 essential
- 6-month contract with several options to extend throughout a major transformation period
- Lead desktop, endpoint management and cyber security initiatives
- Work from several locations across Australia, as well as hybrid wfh arrangements
About the Company
This Federal Government department plays a significant role in marketing Australia as a major trade and tourism hub, and involves the support and creation of legislations and the systems to attract tourists and major international investments into Australia, as well as market and industry insights for Australian companies to go global.
With offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, as well as various offices across the globe, this role will give you an interesting insight into Australian federal government on a international scale, as well as the innovation and challenges involved.
About the role
This role is newly created and intended to support this Department through a major digital transformation period, where the uptake of available cloud services, as well as the support and modernization of Microsoft infrastructure and cyber security systems in a technical leadership capacity.
You will be leading a small, but experienced team of desktop and SOE engineers in driving continued improvement to a built SOE and endpoint management system, as well as supporting the department with various security initiatives including Essential 8 and system hardening
Some of the daily tasks the team are involved in will include
- Incident/service request management
- SOE administration and management
- SCOM, SCCM, SCSM administration and management
- Antivirus, whitelisting and operational security
- Technical documentation
- Managing the team and resources of the EUC team
Skills & experience
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has several years in a Microsoft infrastructure role and has been involved in on premise and cloud projects (design, build and deployments)
As this role will play a significant role in supporting Essential 8 and security systems implementation, someone who has worked in a Federal Government department who also embarked on E8 will be a bonus, however not mandatory.
How to apply
If you want to make a real impact for a Federal Government agency then APPLY NOW or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential chat.