- Initial 6-month contract, plus 12-month extension
- Improve risk management capabilities
- Application modernisation
About the Department
This Federal Government Department has undertaken an initiative to improve its biosecurity risks under the recently established Digital Reform Division. The Department aims to develop an Enterprise Pest Management system and integrate it with the departments critical biosecurity information system.
About the role
Working across the Azure technology stack, you will deliver outcomes that improve risk management capabilities across the cargo pathway and support the movement of shipping containers of imported goods into Australia. We are looking for a data scientist with experience and skills in deep learning working with computer vision/image recognition or Natural Language Processing (NLP), as well as experience or a desire to learn the Microsoft Azure platform. The focus will be on machine learning systems analysing image and video data and models developed in Python.
Technologies you might work with:
Python PyTorch , Keras , Tensorflow, SciKit Learn Microsoft Azure (Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Machine Learning, Databricks), ALM Azure DevOps tooling
What you will work on:
Continuous development of the machine learning platform and products based on mainly Azure Identifying, creating, and preparing data required for machine learning algorithms Deploying and maintaining machine learning solutions in production Using Agile/SCRUM methodology Depending on your experience you might work on custom machine learning solution architecture, design, definition, and implementation
- Experience with Python scientific computing libraries
- Advanced experience with building applications in one of the major languages, preferably Python (alternatively R)
- Real life experience in NLP (Natural Language processing) and Computer vision (object detection, classification)
- Familiar with machine learning libraries like Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch and similar
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies including Azure Databricks Experience with other machine learning algorithms and end to end life cycle of Machine Learning projects Experience Microsoft Azure DevOps, and GIT. Strong collaborative attributes and a proactive approach to sharing knowledge amongst peers.
- Experience working in an agile team with agile practices e.g., SCRUM.
You must be Australian Citizens and hold a Baseline clearance to start this role.
How to apply
If you think that you want to make a real impact for a leading company, then APPLY NOW or contact Alister on 0478 176 553 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat.