Cyber Security Engineer
- Support a large Federal Government department with national technical capability
- Several long-term roles ranging from technical design through to incident/response
- Contribute to building security systems responsible for protecting Australian national security.
- Build and support cyber security systems that support and protect technology that is critical in protecting Australian citizens from external threats.
- Initial contract until EOFY with options to extend for a further 2 years.
- Opportunity to work on legacy and cloud enabled systems, with a significant uptake in cloud capability in a high security environment.
About the Company
This Government Department is critical in developing the and maintaining policy, legislations and associated technology systems to protect Australians in the areas of national security, emergency crisis management, critical infrastructure and multicultural affairs.
As a department with a large realm of responsibility across several government departments and their associated portfolio agencies, they recognise their need to drive continued development in the latest cyber security detection threat hunting capabilities to understand the threat climate, and on-going security strategies to protect critical IT systems.
About the role
The Cyber Detection and Systems Engineering team are responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of a 24/7 CSOC. The team are established with strong leadership, and a team of Security Engineers, SOC Analysts and Threat Intelligence capability working closely together with aligned goals.
The Department have identified several roles ranging from Security System designers, engineers and SOC Analysts to join in 2023.
You will be joining the CDSE team to contribute to:
- The development and implementation of security monitoring use cases for automated detection of threats and exploits
- Refining data models and extractions used on the SIEM platform
- Supporting the design and implementation of security monitoring and alerting for cloud-based applications, and on-premise/cloud based infrastructure systems.
- Engaging with similarly aligned government departments to uplift cyber security service delivery
- Develop knowledge articles and design artefact documentation
Skills & experience
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in designing, building, or operating security detection and response technology within a Federal Government context, whether through a similar Federal Government Department, or through a Security Consultant/Security Managed Services provider operating within the ISM/PSPF security frameworks.
You will be an Australian citizen and ideally have an existing security clearance in order to operate the security tools with full access. Experience in the following areas will be beneficial across the various positions:
- Delivering end-to-end technical analysis, designs, system integration and architectural standards to meet business requirements
- Creation and maintenance of alerts, reports and dashboards for security monitoring;
- Development and implementation of security monitoring use cases within Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution
- Implementation of security monitoring and alerting for applications based in a Cloud environment
- Leading complex incidents requiring technical analysis and forensic investigation of security events.
How to apply
If you want to make a real impact for a Federal Government agency then APPLY NOW or email me on email@example.com to arrange a confidential chat.