Verification and Validation Engineer
- An amazing opportunity to work on military, intelligence and space systems division
- Salary around 165 K + super (Nego.)
- Great company culture, unlimited sick leaves
About the company
Work with 100% owned Australian company that employs over 120 talented Australians and conducts national operations from four locations: Brisbane (Gold Coast), Canberra, Melbourne, and Adelaide.
About the role
The Test Engineer provides services and support to the Test Manager to develop, manage, update and execute system test plans, procedures and reports for both in the lab and in Production environments.
- Develop, manage & update test plans and procedures for Lab, Test & Production environments across all different system elements, subsystems and components, as required in alignment with approved system specification requirements from System Engineering inputs.
- Prepare for, dry run and execute testing procedures and processes, under supervision of Test Manager, in alignment with approved test procedures for system elements.
- Collaborate with system engineers through providing a testing-focused perspective to assist with discovering and closing any gaps in system design and documentation.
- Develop & provide feedback in collaboration with Client Representatives to system engineers on success or failure of test procedures.
- Document and report all observed issues and shortfalls in tested system elements to required detail and standards to feed into Defect Registers and for engineering uplift guidance.
- Support Test manager preparation & documentation for System Engineering process stage gates, including Test Readiness Reviews and Engineering Review Boards
Skills and experience
- Understanding of System Engineering Verification & Validation (V&V) processes & concepts essential.
- Experience in diverse IT disciplines, focused on physical and virtual networking.
- Tertiary Qualification in an Engineering Discipline, with ICT-related highly regarded.
- Understanding of IT industry, specifically related to Australian Defence, including key concepts, functions and roles highly regarded.
- Experience in ICT (particularly Defence ICT & Mission Systems) Systems Engineering & AT&E program delivery highly regarded.
Benefits and Culture
- A Clear Vision And Values.
- Positive Working Relationships.
- Excellent employee benefit
- Career growth
- Unlimited sick leaves
Security clearance: Due to the nature of the role, our client needs Australian Citizenship with NV1 security clearance.