My client is an international Navy design and sustainment provider, with a mission to provide reliable and innovative services to the Australian Navy
My client is looking for an experienced Technical Writer / Author with experience in Navy / Maritime Engineering to create and update operations and maintenance documentation to support Ship Staff (SS) activities onboard the Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment (AOR) vessels.
Baseline or higher clearance required
If you are an experienced Technical Author with a background in Navy / Maritime engineering I would like to hear from you. Not all the capability listed below will be needed to proceed to submission to the client.
- Modify existing and / or develop new technical documents (predominately operation and maintenance instructions)
- Support the Engineering Team (platform, systems, configuration, data and logistics) in delivery of engineering changes
- Develop and deliver Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) related engineering changes using a Systems Engineering
- approach (with review and approval by an Engineering Authority, as appropriate).
- Follow State WHSE Acts, Regulations and accountability with leadership for the safety and wellbeing of staff and their
- commitment to protect the environment.
- Exercise due diligence by taking reasonable steps to acquire and keep up‐to‐date knowledge of work health and safety & Environmental matters and ensuring information regarding incidents, hazards and risks is received as soon as
- practicable and action is implemented in a timely way.
Skills / Experience in:
- Ideally 5 or more years of proven experience in undertaking Technical Writer roles, preferably in a Defence
- Understanding of ILS processes, in particular those used in Navy Sustainment.
- Sound knowledge of Defence technical document writing standards (such as Defence Standard DEF(AUST) 5000
- Volume 2, Part 18 and Australian Naval Publication (ANP) 4412‐4201)
- Knowledge of Naval systems (such as Configuration Management Tool‐Unified (CMT‐U), Asset Management and
- Planning System (AMPS) and Navy Allowances Database (NAVALLOW).
How to apply:
If you feel that you are a good fit for the role, please apply straight away. If you feel you are a perfect fit please apply and call Richard on 0477 415 639