- Support a large Federal Government department with national security capability
- Contribute to building and maintaining reliable network and security systems responsible for protecting national security.
- EOFY contract + 2 x 12-month extensions
- Build and support critical network and security systems to protect Australian citizens from external threats.
- Large, established network environments with continued improvement
- Opportunity to work on legacy and cloud enabled systems, with a significant uptake in cloud capability in a highly secure environment.
About the Company
This Government Department is critical in developing the and maintaining policy, legislations and associated technology systems to protect Australians in the areas of national security, emergency crisis management, critical infrastructure and multicultural affairs.
As a department with a large realm of responsibility across several government departments and their associated portfolio agencies, they recognise their need to drive continued development in the latest network, firewall and gateway technologies to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities and, and on-going security strategies to protect critical IT systems.
About the role
The Foundation Services Team provides network and security technology used to support surveillance for the broader department, and are responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining systems, and leading project delivery for discrete work
They are in the process of refreshing large portions of equipment and hardware, as well as uplifting security compliance and network capability
This role will involve:
- Managing and operating network infrastructure, gateway and date centre environments.
- Creation and management of infrastructure service delivery functions
- Implementing major and minor projects to support the department
- Detailed network reporting, testing and maintaining network architecture documents
Skills & experience
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in:
- Designing, building, and operating WAN/LAN/Data Centre technology in a secure environment.
- Cisco based environment including knowledge of Cisco products, switching, firewalls, routing and WAN topology
- Developing networking documentation, network designs and artefacts including network diagrams, standard operating procedures etc
Given the nature of the role, you will need to be an Australian citizen and ideally have an existing security clearance in order to operate the security tools with full access.
How to apply
If you want to make a real impact for a Federal Government agency then APPLY NOW or email me on email@example.com to arrange a confidential chat.