- Agile Federal Government department where you can make a significant impact
- 6-9 month contract with extensions. Hybrid working, with 2 day per week remote
- Technical lead on delivering cyber security and infrastructure projects
- 6-9 month contract with several options to extend throughout a major transformation period
- Play a critical role in the drive towards securing IT systems
- Work from several locations across Australia, as well as hybrid wfh arrangements
About the Company
This Federal Government department plays a significant role in marketing Australia as a major trade and tourism hub, and involves the support and creation of legislations and the systems to attract tourists and major international investments into Australia, as well as market and industry insights for Australian companies to go global.
With offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, this role will give you an interesting insight into Australian federal government on a international scale, as well as the innovation and challenges involved.
About the role
This role is intended to support this Department through a major digital transformation period, where the uptake of available cloud services, as well as the support and modernization of Microsoft infrastructure and cyber security systems in a technical leadership capacity.
You will be leading the implementation and support of Microsoft infrastructure systems, as well as representing the IT operations team with the journey towards completing Essential 8 maturity level 2.
You will be a critical lead in forecasting and planning projects, including the design, and mitigation of security risks and implications of systems changes.
You will also be supporting the IT operations team in the following:
- Hardware and server administration
- Microsoft Directory services
- Azure and Microsoft 365 services including SharePoint, Teams, and Mail
- Certificate and PKI management
- McAfee, Tenable, Splunk and Secret Server
Skills & experience
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has several years in a Microsoft infrastructure role and has been involved in on-premise and cloud projects (design, build and deployments)
As this role will play a significant role in guiding the department on Essential 8 remediation, so it is important that you have a deep understanding of current ACSC Essential 8 guidelines with some experience in system hardening, patching, and whitelisting will be desirable
How to apply
If you want to make a real impact for a Federal Government agency then APPLY NOW or email me on email@example.com to arrange a confidential chat.