Mid to Senior Android Engineer flexible working options at present with 60/40 WFH options.
- AI scale-ups start-up
- Series B funded 20+ hires across engineering this year
- Amazing leadership from the Head of Engineering
In an every changing world we have more digital natives who are using lots of different marketing, social media and technology platforms to spread their brand messages, products and services.
This company has realised that leveraging machine learning and AI is the future of how most people can proactively reach their target audiences, due to the massive uptake on their current products across the globe we are ideally looking to bring a strong Android engineer to work with the technical leadership and head of engineering to look at the current Android application roadmap, high tune, build upon the current product, big more additional features and services to allow their customers companies like Google, Optus, Disney & Reebok.
What you will do:
- Working closely with engineering, product, and design teams to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Make key technical and design decisions and coordinate all aspects of technical delivery.
- Ensuring best practices approach and high-quality software delivery.
- Provide processes and an environment that make it easy for the team to consistently deliver quality software, efficiently and on time while still promoting creativity and innovation.
- Assist in identifying process and product weakness and possible refinements in an environment of continual evolution and improvement.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software engineering best practices.
- Communicate the technology strategy to others within technology teams as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Finding better ways of doing things.
What we're looking for in you:
- 3+ years Android application experience and or previous experience as a Middle level or moving into a Senior Developer
- Previous years' experience within advertising, marketing and or media industries advantageous.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Android application development (Kotlin and Java)
- Good understanding of MVVM pattern and common app architectures
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles and best practices
- Strong experience with integrating 3rd party libraries
- Strong experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Git and Git flow
- Good understanding of Continues Integration system, Cloud-based CI system would be beneficial
- Great communication skills and ability to contribute to ongoing product, project and organisational technical directions
- Excellent problems solving skills, taking responsibility to own issues, until full resolution.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing environment.
- You are highly autonomous but able to work collaboratively with engineering, design and product teams.
- Attention to detail, the courage to innovate and fail, learning from the experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. What is
We don't expect you to have all the above but being able to bring proven experience some of these above technologies would great and the client is happy for you to upskill you on projects.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss the roles in more detail!