- Canberra location, collaborative and Supportive Team Environment.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including multiple location sites (Melbourne/ Canberra).
- NV1/NV2 clearance required.
- Work-life balance and flexible working options.
- Paid cultural and ceremonial leave.
- Paid time off for volunteer work.
- Paid shut down leave.
- Paid Study Leave.
- Training and Certification bonus.
About the Company
The Insitec Group is a 100% Australian-owned enterprise founded in Canberra in 2001. Insitec is a leading innovator and supplier of highly professional solutions across systems integration, information management, business process automation and associated support services. Along with a Corporate Services unit centred within Insitec Pty Ltd, the Group comprises three separate trading entities: Insitec ICT, Insitec MIS (Military, Intelligence and Space Systems) and Insitec People (IP). The Group employs over 150+ talented Australians and conducts national operations from four locations: Brisbane (Gold Coast), Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide.
About the role
At Insitec MIS, the purpose of the Technical Writer role is:
- Support the Architecture, Engineering and Training teams in documentation support.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards for our clients and internal use.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- A Clear Vision And Values.
- Positive Working Relationships.
- Employee Benefits.
Skills & experience
- 2-4 years' industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Demonstrated high level communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated experience in producing technical documentation for ICT systems (exposure to governance, risk and compliance documentation is an advantage).
- Demonstrated high level prioritisation and organisational skills, including planning and time management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Information Technology (IT) industry - specifically related to the Australian Defence industry including concepts, functions and roles.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse IT disciplines,
- Demonstrated ability of stakeholder engagement, more specifically within Defence.
Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Kate Kornsasi at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.