- Initial 6-month contract, plus 12-month extension
- Improve risk management capabilities
- Application modernisation
About the Department
This Federal Government Department has undertaken an initiative to improve its biosecurity risks under the recently established Digital Reform Division. The Department aims to develop an Enterprise Pest Management system and integrate it with the departments critical biosecurity information system.
About the role
Working across the Azure technology stack, you will deliver outcomes that improve risk management capabilities across the cargo pathway and support the movement of shipping containers of imported goods into Australia. You will have experience in crafting, developing, and testing critical enterprise integration solutions. Proven experience in Azure cloud, hybrid, and on-premises integration technologies, including application design and transition, application modernization.
You will be involved in:
- Establishing integration connections with external systems outside the department's network.
- Designing and implementing security authentication, storage solution and transformation and integration of transferred data to multiple internal systems.
- Create a scalable solution based on data volume growth, usage and adhering to data governance policies.
- Using Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Depending on your experience you might work on custom machine learning solution architecture, design, definition, and implementation
- Experience in Azure architecture and implementation, including, IaaS, and PaaS solutions, Network, Storage, Security, and more.
- Experience in application modernisation, reducing dependencies on legacy architectures, modularizing systems and maximizing value of cloud technologies
- Development experience in C#, .NET Core and .NET Framework or Node.JS
- Experience in development of RESTful services, Microservices, ASP.Net Core, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Function Apps, App Services, Azure API Apps, Azure Service Fabric
- SQL Server, Azure SQL, Entity Framework, Azure Storage, Azure Data Factory
- Knowledge of Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Grid, Azure API Management, Azure Active Directory
- Extensive experience with DevOps release orchestration using CI / CD pipeline e.g., Microsoft Azure DevOps, and GIT.
- Strong collaborative attributes and a proactive approach to sharing knowledge amongst peers
You must be Australian Citizens and hold a Baseline clearance to start this role.
How to apply
If you think that you want to make a real impact for a leading company, then APPLY NOW or contact Alister on 0478 176 553 or email@example.com for a confidential chat.