- Work for a leading Australian-owned (ICT) infrastructure and services company
- Use your expert Infrastructure skills to support 30 customers in NSW ranging from 50-500 seats
- Deliver in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong Azure focus
- Permanent role
- Work from home
- $120k - $130k base + super
- Work with other highly skilled IT professionals in a Service Management Consultancy
About the Company
This leading Australian owned ICT infrastructure and services company has been championing growth nationally for over 60 years to become one of the largest privately owned business systems groups in the nation.
About the role
Senior System Engineer responsibilities include supervising Operations team, monitoring system performance and configuring new software and hardware. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems, such as Azure, Windows, AD, Citrix, Vmware, and Office 365.
Ultimately, you will ensure software, hardware, servers and networks run smoothly, including:
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. In large companies, this requires understanding a global or multi-office network infrastructure.
- Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce a network technology policy.
- Is responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network, devices and firewalls.
- Is responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations and storage utilization.
- Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
- Manages user accounts and assets and assigns and updates security permissions on the network according to security policy.
- Provides support with escalated help desk requests.
- Leads a team of systems administrators, coordinates with different departments.
- Mentors team members and educates users.
- Configure internal systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Supervise the Operations team
- Upgrade the network infrastructure
- Install servers, devices and firewalls
- Train new starters on operations
- Monitor the performance of servers, software and hardware
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications
- Update technical documentation
- Work experience as a Senior System Administrator
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks
- Knowledge of system security techniques
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Team leadership experience
- Documentation skills
- BSc in Computer Science or similar field desired
- Holding relevant vendor certifications for Microsoft, Aruba, Citrix and VMware and the ability to undertake further certifications
- High performing
- Fast paced
- Customer focused
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Lauren 0413064342 - email@example.com for a confidential discussion.