Working closely with DST Group researchers, this position will assist with the Build, Run and Document of Cutting edge computational Research Networks and Trials Systems. You will manage multiple logically separated and intersecting unique research environments, customised for research purposes and connected to a variety of scientific instrumentation. You will be required to interpret and understand research requirements, develop bespoke solution sets and assist with the design and maintenance of new, novel and emerging research systems, this will also involve the day to day secure handling of research data. Working alongside Infrastructure Operations and Security teams you will ensure the effective management of Systems and Networks that reside on and/or connect into the wider DST network.
Duties may include:
- Build, Deploy and document specialised research ICT infrastructure into experimental labs and deployable constructs as required.
- Facilitate connectivity between experimental system components and DST core research networks, adhering to required security protocols and processes.
- Configuration management of research system hardware. Collaborate with the researchers to resolve issues within a lab or experimental system.
- Administer and operate Data Movement services (ingest and movement of data between domains and classifications) in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Research Network device administration.
- Firewall policy administration/co-ordination
- Must be an Australian Citizen and Hold Negative Vetting 2 (NV2) Security Clearance.
- Demonstrable ability to use current knowledge, upskill and/or seek expertise to implement architecturally designed digital solutions, or solve complex ICT problems to achieve organisational outcomes.
- Good understanding of ICT security principals, in particular the ASD ISM, with the ability to identify potential ICT security risks.
- Platforms (Linux and/or Windows Desktop and Server) and supporting network services such as AD, DNS, DHCP.
- IP networking including routing, switching including associated device administration/management and good understanding of network design principals.
- Network security services/appliances (ie. Firewalls) including associated device administration/management.
- Data movement protocols and tools such as SMB, NFS, rsync or storage system data synchronisation.
- Compute Server management and hosting facility best practice (ie, comms room, power, cooling).
- Scripting/Programming (ie. PowerShell, python, JAVA) and/or experience supporting DevOps teams and systems.