- Work with an established and growing team of GRC professionals to enhance the cyber and governance capabilities for a federal government department with a national presence
- Canberra or Geelong based
- Australian citizenship required with ability to gain and obtain a security clearance
About the company
This Government agency was established to play an important role in developing the legislation, support layers and funding to support Australians living with a disability. Since their inception in 2010, they have grown in size, with public servants in most Australian states. Since 2021, there has been a growing demand and requirement to increase their cyber security resilience and have been building a team to support the security governance, detection and response to cyber incidence.
About the role
You will be working with a team of Cyber GRC professionals as part of the ICT governance capability. You will be supporting the ICT risk identification, assessment and management in a crucial role to improve the ICT security risk profile across the department.
You will be involved in:
- Implementing strategies to reduce the technology risk, and implement policies for internal and external regulatory compliance
- Evaluate business and ICT risk
- Develop IT security standards, policies and controls to manage risks to improve security positioning
- Investigate information security risks and exception assessments
- Documenting and reporting control failures and gaps, and support remediation and tracking activities in line with security best practice and technology advancements
- Team led by a reputable IT Security Manager with a track record of identifying and leading key security objectives, and supporting the technical security team to achieve outcomes
- Growing team, with support and funding to continue on the security transformation journey
- Greenfield cyber security environment where initiative is supported and encouraged
How to apply
If you want to make a real impact for a Federal Government agency then APPLY NOW or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential chat.