Enterprise Security Architect
Develop a 3-year Cyber Security strategy and roadmap for an enterprise level Federal Government Department
- Above market hourly rate on 12-month contract with 2 years' worth of extensions
- High profile Government Department with global impact
- Brand new Security Architecture team with an extensive pipeline of cyber security initiatives
About the Company
This Federal Government Department is integral in protecting Australia's international interests to support our security and prosperity through trade. They have invested significantly into digital transformation over the past 5 years to support a transition from on-premises IT to modern technology, including hybrid-cloud, hyper-converged infrastructure, the latest in Cyber Security technology offerings, as well as cloud enabled business and modern workplace applications to support a fluid workforce.
They have a large footprint in Canberra, with over 6000 staff in offices across Australia, and over 120 sites across 5 continents to support Australia's interests in global economics. The Department have committed to a 3-year ICT vision and strategy and are building a Security Architecture capability to develop their Cyber Security roadmap in line with the broader ICT program of work.
About the role
You will be joining the organisation as an Enterprise Security Architect responsible for developing security architecture, strategies, and governance models to integrate and optimize new and existing security strategies, and supporting compliance with PSPF and ISM.
You will be a key figure involved in:
- Research, planning, development and sustainment of conceptual and detailed security artefacts to support secure operation of on-prem, cloud and cross-domain technology.
- Providing advice on developing secure solutions compliant with PSPF/ISM
- Leading project activities to ensure alignment with current and future roadmap technologies
- Contributing to the design and definition of security solution components for High level designs, detailed designs for new and existing systems
- Promote and enforce security-by-design principles and practice, governance and compliance activities
- Develop and maintain current and future state security architecture patterns of defined/endorsed soltuiosn
- Evaluation and selection of strategies and solutions to mitigate security risks
- Engage with security technology partners to conduct technology assessment and recommendations
You will be a qualified Security Architect, with extensive experience in leading security strategy solutions in a Federal Government context, having the following experience
- Authoring and delivering security architecture proposals within Federal Government
- Consulting on new and evolving security technologies and concepts
- Strong knowledge of cyber security and architecture frameworks including PSPF, ISM, NIST, MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP, TOGAF
Due to the security classification of this Department, you will need a minimum of an NV1 clearance to be considered for this role.
How to apply
If you think that you want to make a real impact for a leading company then APPLY NOW or contact Phu on 0423 649 909 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat.